Gavi History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Gavi family
The surname Gavi was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Amsterdam, an ancient 13th century town held by the Lords of Amstel. Giesebrecht II built a castle there. Geisbrecht III built the dam to keep out the sea. It is first mentioned in charters of 1275 when Floris IV, the count of Holland granted its charter. It became a city of great mercantile wealth. It hold great treasures of art. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Important Dates for the Gavi family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gavi research. Another 129 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1592, 1625, 1736, and 1753 are included under the topic Early Gavi History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gavi Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gaaf, Gaef, Gave, Gäf, Gäfert, Gavel, Gavet, Gavi, Gavre and many more.
Early Notables of the Gavi family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Gavi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gavi migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Gavi Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Gavi Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Salvatore Gavi, aged 8, who landed in America from S.Stefaus, in 1899
Gavi Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonio Gavi, aged 42, who landed in America from Torino, in 1902
- Giuseppe Gavi, aged 16, who immigrated to America from Torino, in 1902
- Maurirus Gavi, aged 32, who landed in America, in 1919
- Maurizio Gavi, aged 32, who immigrated to the United States, in 1919
Contemporary Notables of the name Gavi (post 1700)
- Gaba Gavi, American producer, known for his work on The Au Pair (2017), Black Dossier (2016) and A Tale of Two Coreys (2018)
- Jude Gavi, American actor, known for his work on Chase (2010), Struggles (2017) and Acceptance (2009)
- Matteo Gavi, Italian actor, known for The Teacher (2005) and La Cena (2007)
- Shai Gavi, Physician known for his collaboration on "Adverse Events Due to Discontinuations in Drug Use and Dose Changes in Patients Transferred Between Acute and Long-term Care Facilities"
You May Also Like