on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Italian, Spanish
Where did the Spanish Flores family come from? What is the Spanish Flores family crest and coat of arms? When did the Flores family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Flores family history?From the historical and enchanting region of Spain emerged a multitude of noble families, including the distinguished Flores family. Originally, the Spanish people were known only by a single name. The process by which hereditary surnames were adopted in Spain is extremely interesting. Surnames evolved during the Middle Ages when people began to assume an extra name to avoid confusion and to further identify themselves. Often they adopted names that were derived from nicknames.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Flórez, Florez, Flores, Flóriz, Floriz, Flóraz, Floraz, Flor, Florán, Floran, Florián and many more.
First found in Asturias, where the Visigothic court took refuge after the Muslim invasion of the peninsula.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Flores research. Another 401 words (29 lines of text) covering the years 1128, 1236, 1787, 1789, and 1790 are included under the topic Early Flores History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 102 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Flores Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Alonso Flores came to Mexico in 1539
- Alonso Flores, who settled in Mexico in 1539
- Alejo Flores arrived in Colombia in 1576
- Alvaro Alfonso Flores settled in Guatemala in 1595
Flores Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- John Flores, who landed in Virginia in 1622
- M DeLa Flores, aged 23, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1626
Flores Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Francisco Flores, who arrived in America in 1810
- Bernardino De Flores, who landed in America in 1811
- Maria Flores, who landed in America in 1813
- Pedro De Flores, who arrived in America in 1813
- Catalina De Flores, who arrived in America in 1814
Flores Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angelo Flores, aged 34, who settled in America from Pomarico, in 1907
- Alfonso Flores, aged 34, who landed in America, in 1920
- Angelo Flores, aged 47, who landed in America from Pomarico, Italy, in 1921
- Angel Flores, aged 42, who landed in America, in 1923
- Albert P. Flores, aged 20, who emigrated to America, in 1924
- Cirilo B. Flores (1948-2014), American prelate of the Roman Catholic Church, Bishop of the Diocese of San Diego
- David Romero Flores (b. 1968), Mexican jockey in American Thoroughbred horse racing, three-time winner of the Breeders' Cup
- Randy Alan Flores (b. 1975), American Major League Baseball relief pitcher
- Modesto Velazquez Flores (1909-1998), American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Puerto Rico, 1944, 1956 (alternate), 1960
- Angelica Flores, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Texas, 2008, 2012
- Anthony Joseph Flores, American politician, Candidate for Mayor of Garden Grove, California, 2002
- Bill Flores, American Republican politician, U.S. Representative from Texas 17th District; Elected 2010, 2012
- Carmen A. Flores, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New Jersey, 1980
- Diana Flores, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for Texas State House of Representatives 104th District, 2000
- Edna Flores, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Nevada, 2004, 2008
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The Flores Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Flores Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 24 November 2015 at 10:49.
on orders of $85 or more