Fix History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Fix and its many variants can be found today in many countries, including England, Holland, and Ireland, but its origins lie in the Saxony region of Germany. The name was first derived as a diminutive of the first name Friedrich, which was itself derived from the Old High German words "Fridu," meaning "peace," and "Rihhi," meaning "power."
Early Origins of the Fix family
The surname Fix was first found in cities in the Saxony region, where Fix was first used as a surname. The use of the diminutive as a personal name was first recorded in Lüneburg, where Ficko de Wesera lived in 1352.
Important Dates for the Fix family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fix research. Another 107 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1352, 1560, 1419, 1066, 1419, 1827 and 1896 are included under the topic Early Fix History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fix Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Fike, Feick, Veick, Fick, Ficko, Ficke, Ficka, Vicka, Feck, Fecke, Fix, Ficks and many more.
Early Notables of the Fix family (pre 1700)
Another 44 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Fix Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fix migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Fix Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Fix Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Johannes Fix, who arrived in North America in 1837 
- Jacob Fix, aged 26, who landed in Missouri in 1840 
- George Fix, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1844 
- Michael Fix, who landed in Texas in 1845 
- Philip Fix, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1845 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Fix Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Otto Fix, who arrived in Buenos Aires, Argentina in 1909 
- Christian Fix, aged 57, who arrived in Buenos Aires, Argentina in 1909 
- lvlargretha Fix, aged 58, who landed in Buenos Aires, Argentina in 1909 
- Maria Fix, aged 12, who arrived in Buenos Aires, Argentina in 1909 
Contemporary Notables of the name Fix (post 1700)
- Mikeal Fix (b. 1965), American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Pennsylvania, 2004 
- Charles J. Fix, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from New York, 1908 
- Alvin F. Fix, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Pennsylvania, 1936 
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html