on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Demoss was first found in Burgundy (French: Bourgogne), an administrative and historical region of east-central France, where the family has held a family seat
since ancient times.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Moisson, Moissonne, Moissone, Moissonnes, Moissones, Moisonne, Moisone, Moisonnes, Moisones, Moissan, Moissen, Moissanne, Moissenne, Moissane, Moissene, Moisan, Moissang, Moisang, de Moisson, de la Moisson, la Moisson, le Moisson, Lemoisson, Lamoissonne, Demoisson, Demoissonne, Mosson, Moise, Moises, Moisond, Moisonde, Moisont, Moisent, Moisen, Moisons, Moisanc, Moisand, Moissond, Moissond, Moissonde, Moissont, Moissent, Moissons, Moissanc and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Demoss research. Another 220 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1389, 1394, 1401, 1520, 1529, 1539, 1542, 1605, and 1634 are included under the topic Early Demoss History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Demoss Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Demoss Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- George DeMoss, aged 29, who landed in America, in 1895
- Henry S. DeMoss, aged 35, who settled in America, in 1895
- James DeMoss, aged 58, who landed in America, in 1895
- Minnie DeMoss, aged 27, who emigrated to the United States, in 1895
Demoss Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Mrs. I. M. deMoss, who settled in America, in 1908
- Earl Demoss, aged 24, who emigrated to the United States, in 1918
- Harold R. DeMoss Jr (b. 1930), American senior judge of the United States Court of Appeals
- Darcy DeMoss (b. 1963), American film and television actress
- Mickie Faye DeMoss (b. 1955), American college basketball coach and former player
- Robert Alonzo "Bob" DeMoss (b. 1927), former American football player, coach, and college athletics administrator
- Elwood "Bingo" DeMoss (1889-1965), American baseball player and manager in the Negro Leagues (1905 to 1943)
- Walter DeMoss, American Democrat politician, Member of Louisiana State House of Representatives, 1950
- Thurman DeMoss, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Indiana, 1972
- John B. Demoss, American politician, Independent Candidate for Presidential Elector for Michigan, 1976
- John A. DeMoss, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for Delegate to Michigan State Constitutional Convention from Wayne County 21st District, 1961
- Hal DeMoss, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Texas, 1988
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
This page was last modified on 11 April 2016 at 11:09.
on orders of $85 or more