on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Demoss family come from? When did the Demoss family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Demoss family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Moisson, Moissonne, Moissone, Moissonnes, Moissones, Moisonne, Moisone, Moisonnes, Moisones, Moissan, Moissen, Moissanne, Moissenne, Moissane, Moissene, Moisan, Moissang, Moisang, de Moisson, de la Moisson, la Moisson, le Moisson, Lemoisson, Lamoissonne, Demoisson, Demoissonne, Mosson, Moise, Moises, Moisond, Moisonde, Moisont, Moisent, Moisen, Moisons, Moisanc, Moisand, Moissond, Moissond, Moissonde, Moissont, Moissent, Moissons, Moissanc and many more.
First found in Burgundy (French: Bourgogne), an administrative and historical region of east-central France, where the family has held a family seat since ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Demoss research. Another 220 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1389, 1394, 1401, 1520, 1529, 1539, 1542, 1605, and 1634 are included under the topic Early Demoss History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Demoss Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Demoss Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- George DeMoss, aged 29, who landed in America, in 1895
- Henry S. DeMoss, aged 35, who settled in America, in 1895
- James DeMoss, aged 58, who landed in America, in 1895
- Minnie DeMoss, aged 27, who emigrated to the United States, in 1895
Demoss Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Mrs. I. M. deMoss, who settled in America, in 1908
- Earl Demoss, aged 24, who emigrated to the United States, in 1918
- Harold R. DeMoss Jr (b. 1930), American senior judge of the United States Court of Appeals
- Darcy DeMoss (b. 1963), American film and television actress
- Mickie Faye DeMoss (b. 1955), American college basketball coach and former player
- Robert Alonzo "Bob" DeMoss (b. 1927), former American football player, coach, and college athletics administrator
- Elwood "Bingo" DeMoss (1889-1965), American baseball player and manager in the Negro Leagues (1905 to 1943)
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
This page was last modified on 9 February 2014 at 10:45.
on orders of $85 or more