on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Broussard family come from? What is the French Broussard family crest and coat of arms? When did the Broussard family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Broussard family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Brousset, Brouset, Brusset, Bruset, Brousse, Broussard, Brouse, Brousses, Brousser, Brouser, Brusser, Bruser, Brussé, Brusé, Broussé, Brous, Broussey, Brousey, Brussey, Brusey, Broussay, Brussay, Brousay, Brusay, Broussai, Brousai, Brussai, Brusai, Broussaie, Brussaie, Brousaie, Brusaie, de Brousset, de Brouset, de Brusset, de Bruset, de Brousse, Broussette, Brousette, Brosset, Brossette, Brussette and many more.
First found in Languedoc, where the family has been anciently seated from very early times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Broussard research. Another 465 words (33 lines of text) covering the years 1702, 1765, 1789, 1792, and 1800 are included under the topic Early Broussard History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 113 words (8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Broussard Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Broussard Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Sceviot Broussard, who arrived in New York, NY in 1668
Broussard Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Alexander Broussard, who arrived in South Carolina in 1753-1756
- Victor Broussard, who arrived in South Carolina in 1755-1756
- Claude Broussard, who landed in Maryland in 1763
- Firmin Broussard, who arrived in Maryland in 1763
- Jean Broussard, who landed in Maryland in 1763
Broussard Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Regis Broussard, aged 48, who landed in America, in 1908
- Louis Broussard, aged 26, who landed in America, in 1909
- Lenia Broussard, aged 25, who emigrated to the United States, in 1910
- Marie Maurice Broussard, aged 26, who settled in America from Paris, France, in 1919
- Andree Julie Broussard, aged 23, who emigrated to the United States from Paris, France, in 1919
Broussard Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Louis Broussard, aged 28, arrived in Quebec in 1658
- Valsin Broussard, American merchant in Lafayette, Louisiana who formed the first Vigilante Committee when his own store was robbed, eponym of Broussard, Louisiana, direct descendant of Joseph Gaurhept Broussard
- Marc Broussard (b. 1982), American singer-songwriter
- Joseph Eloi Broussard (1866-1956), American founder of the first commercial rice mill in Texas
- Edwin Sidney Broussard I (1874-1934), American politician, United States Senator from Louisiana (1921-1933)
- Allen E. Broussard (1929-1996), African-American judge, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of California (1981-1991)
- Aaron F. Broussard (b. 1949), American politician, President of Jefferson Parish, Louisiana from 2003 to 2010
- Steve Nelson Broussard (b. 1967), American football (NFL) player and University football coach
- Benjamin Issac "Ben" Broussard (b. 1976), American Major League Baseball first baseman who played from 2002 to 2008
- Rebecca Broussard (b. 1963), American actress and model
- Robert Foligny Broussard (1864-1918), American politician, U.S. representative and a U.S. senator from Louisiana
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
The Broussard Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Broussard Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 October 2015 at 08:15.
on orders of $85 or more