on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Bender family come from? What is the German Bender family crest and coat of arms? When did the Bender family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Bender family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bender, Bennder, Bendder, Bander, Bannder, Bandder and many more.
First found in Baden, where the name Bender came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bender research. Another 266 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1745, 1770, and 1782 are included under the topic Early Bender History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 56 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bender Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bender Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Anna Maria Bender, who arrived in New York, NY in 1709
- Georg Bender, who landed in New York in 1709
- Henr Bender, who landed in America in 1709
- Henr Peter Bender, who arrived in America in 1709
- Henrig Bender, who landed in New York in 1709
Bender Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Hendrick Bender, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1803
- Matth Bender, who arrived in America in 1807
- Friedrich Wilhelm Bender, who arrived in America in 1833
- Maria Christina Bender, who landed in America in 1835
- Anna Margaretha Bender, who landed in America in 1840
Bender Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Frank C Bender, who arrived in Arkansas in 1900
Bender Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Mr. Dennis Bender U.E who settled in Eastern District [Cornwall], Ontario c. 1783
- Mr. George Bender U.E who settled in Cornwall, Ontario c. 1783
- Private Philip George Bender U.E (b. 1743) born in Germany from Philadelphia, USA who settled in Stamford Township [Niagara Falls], District of Nassau, Ontario c. 1783 he enlisted in 1799 when driven from his home he served in the Butler's Rangers, married to Mary they had 6 children
- Mr. Tunis Bender U.E who settled in Eastern District [Cornwall], Ontario c. 1783
Bender Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Simon Bender arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Berar" in 1865
- Russ Bender (1910-1969), American actor, and screenwriter
- Robert Bender (b. 1962), American children's author/illustrator
- Staff Sergeant Stanley Bender (1909-1994), United States Army soldier awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor in 1944
- Lawrence Bender (b. 1957), American film producer
- Hans Bender (1907-1991), German lecturer of parapsychology, a founder of the parapsychological institute: "Instituts für Grenzgebiete der Psychologie und Psychohygiene" in Freiburg
- The Tansill, Bender, Callan, Holmeand, and Other Early American Families by Xavier Bender Tansill.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
The Bender Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bender Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 5 March 2015 at 11:07.
on orders of $85 or more