100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Beall family come from? When did the Beall family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Beall family history?The Beall surname is thought to have been created from one of the places so named (in Northumberland, and in West Yorkshire). The place name derives from the Old English "beo," meaning "bee" and "hyll," meaning "hill." There is also a Norman name Beall derived from the Old French "bel."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Beal, Beale, Beall, Bealle, Beel, Beele, Beales, Bealer and many more.
First found in Northumberland. Today Beeley is a village and civil parish in the Derbyshire Dales district of northern Derbyshire, near Bakewell. In the Domesday Book, the place name was listed as Begelie 
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Beall research. Another 121 words(9 lines of text) covering the years 1203, 1651, 1608, 1683, 1621, 1684, 1660, 1664, 1665, 1632, 1699 and 1674 are included under the topic Early Beall History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 169 words(12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Beall Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Beall Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- John Beall, who landed in Hingham, Massachusetts in 1638
- Ninian Beall, who arrived in Maryland in 1652
- Thomas Beall, who landed in Maryland in 1659
- Robt Beall, who arrived in Virginia in 1663
- William Beall, who landed in Maryland in 1664
Beall Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- James M Beall, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850
- Lester Beall (1903-1969), American graphic designer
- Samuel Beall Jr. (1807-1868), American politician, 2nd Lieutenant Governor of Wisconsin (1850-1852)
- John Glenn Beall (1927-2006), American politician, Republican member of the United States Senate (1971-1977)
- Matthew G. Beall (b. 1962), American abstract artist
- Robert Brooks Beall (b. 1948), American Major League Baseball player who played from 1975 to 1980
- Daryl Beall (b. 1946), American politician, Member of the Iowa Senate (2003-)
- George Beall (1729-1807), American landowner in Maryland and Georgetown in what is now Washington, D.C
- James Andrew "Jack" Beall (1866-1929), American politician, United States Congressman from Texas (1903-1915)
- James Glenn Beall (1894-1971), American businessman and politician, United States Senator from Maryland (1953-1965)
- James T. "Jim" Beall Jr. (b. 1951), American Democratic politician, Member of the California State Senate (2012-)
- Alexander Beall of Maryland, 1649-1744: One Line of Descent in America by William Hunter McLean.
- ^ Mills, A.D., Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4)
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
This page was last modified on 21 July 2015 at 19:41.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!