on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Beall family come from? When did the Beall family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Beall family history?The Beall surname is thought to have been created from one of the places so named (in Northumberland, and in West Yorkshire). The place name derives from the Old English "beo," meaning "bee" and "hyll," meaning "hill." There is also a Norman name Beall derived from the Old French "bel."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Beal, Beale, Beall, Bealle, Beel, Beele, Beales, Bealer and many more.
First found in Northumberland. Today Beeley is a village and civil parish in the Derbyshire Dales district of northern Derbyshire, near Bakewell. In the Domesday Book, the place name was listed as Begelie 
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Beall research. Another 121 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1203, 1651, 1608, 1683, 1621, 1684, 1660, 1664, 1665, 1632, 1699 and 1674 are included under the topic Early Beall History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 169 words (12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Beall Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Beall Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- John Beall, who landed in Hingham, Massachusetts in 1638
- Ninian Beall, who arrived in Maryland in 1652
- Thomas Beall, who landed in Maryland in 1659
- Robt Beall, who arrived in Virginia in 1663
- William Beall, who landed in Maryland in 1664
Beall Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- James M Beall, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850
- Lloyd James Beall (1808-1887), United States Army officer and paymaster of U.S. Army, Commandant of the Confederate States Marine Corps
- John Woolf Beall (1882-1926), American Major League Baseball outfielder who played from 1913 to 1918
- John Yates Beall (1835-1865), American Confederate privateer in the American Civil War
- James T. "Jim" Beall Jr. (b. 1951), American Democratic politician, Member of the California State Senate (2012-)
- James Glenn Beall (1894-1971), American businessman and politician, United States Senator from Maryland (1953-1965)
- James Andrew "Jack" Beall (1866-1929), American politician, United States Congressman from Texas (1903-1915)
- George Beall (1729-1807), American landowner in Maryland and Georgetown in what is now Washington, D.C
- Daryl Beall (b. 1946), American politician, Member of the Iowa Senate (2003-)
- Robert Brooks Beall (b. 1948), American Major League Baseball player who played from 1975 to 1980
- Samuel Beall Jr. (1807-1868), American politician, 2nd Lieutenant Governor of Wisconsin (1850-1852)
- Alexander Beall of Maryland, 1649-1744: One Line of Descent in America by William Hunter McLean.
- ^ Mills, A.D., Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4)
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
This page was last modified on 9 November 2015 at 10:26.
on orders of $85 or more