, at Bathgate a town 5 miles (8 km) west of Livingston. People have lived in the area since about 3500 BC. The town was confirmed in a charter by King Malcolm IV of
(1141-1165) and has been listed as Bathchet (1160), Bathket (1250) and Bathgetum (1316) and later in the 15th century as both Bathgat and Bathcat.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bathgate research.Another 71 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1287 and 1312 are included under the topic Early Bathgate History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
of this family name include: Bathgate, Batgate, Baggat, Baggate, Bathgat, Bathget and many more.