on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Italian Abeyta family come from? When did the Abeyta family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Abeyta family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Abbati, Abati, Abeyti, Abeyta, Abbeyti, Abbiati, Abbate and many more.
First found in Modena (Etruscan: Mutna; Latin: Mutina; Modenese: Mňdna). In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Abeyta research. Another 241 words (17 lines of text) covering the years 1520, 1684, 1509, 1571, 1667, 1640 and 1715 are included under the topic Early Abeyta History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 65 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Abeyta Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Abeyta Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonio Abeyta, aged 32, who emigrated to San Diego, California, in 1923
- Clotilde Abeyta, aged 20, who emigrated to the United States from St Jacut, France, in 1923
- Narciso Platero Abeyta (1918-1998), American Navajo painter and silversmith
- Pablita Abeyta (b. 1953), American Navajo sculptor and activist from New Mexico
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Di Crollalanza, G.B. Dizionario Storico-Blasonico Delle Famiglie Nobili e Notabili Italiane 3 volumes. Pisa. Print.
- Bascapč, Giacomo and Marcello del Piazzo. Insegne e Simboli Araldica pubblica e privata medievale e moderna. Rome: 1983. Print.
- Bongioanni, Angelo. Nomi e Cognomi. Saggio di Ricerche Etimologiche e Storiche. Torino: A. Forni, 1979. Print.
- Battilana, Natale, Ed. Genealogie Dello Famiglie Nobili di Genova. Genova: Fratelli Pagano, 1825. Print.
- Stiens, Robert E. Passenger list Italy to New York 1893 In Italian Genealogist. Torrance, CA: Augustan Society No 3, 1983. Print.
- Gheno, Antonio. Contributo alla Bibliografia Genealogica Italiana. Bologna: Forni, 1924. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today, 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-0900455-209).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Colletta, John P. Finding Italian Roots The Complete Guide for Americans. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2003. Print.
This page was last modified on 21 February 2014 at 22:53.
on orders of $85 or more