on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright ę 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Zuniga family come from? What is the Spanish Zuniga family crest and coat of arms? When did the Zuniga family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Zuniga family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Z˙˝iga, de Z˙˝iga, Z˙niga, de Z˙niga, Zu˝iga, de Zu˝iga, Zuniga, de Zuniga, Est˙˝iga, de Est˙˝iga, Est˙niga, de Est˙niga, Estu˝iga, de Estu˝iga, Estuniga and many more.
First found in Navarre, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Zuniga research. Another 461 words(33 lines of text) covering the years 1516, 1516, 1212, 1485, 1599, 1655, 1639, 1646, 1716 and 1722 are included under the topic Early Zuniga History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 199 words(14 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Zuniga Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Rodrigo de Z˙˝iga, who sailed to America in 1513
- Jerˇnimo de Z˙˝iga sailed to America in 1527
- Sideno de Z˙˝iga sailed to Peru in 1534
- Baltasar de Z˙˝iga sailed to Veragua in 1535
- Antonio de Z˙˝iga sailed to Peru in 1555
Zuniga Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Rodrigo De Zuniga, who arrived in America in 1813
- Jeronimo De Zuniga, who arrived in America in 1827
- Sedeno De Zuniga, who landed in Peru in 1834
- Sideno De Zuniga, who arrived in Peru in 1834
- J R Zuniga, aged 36, landed in New Orleans, La in 1835
- Jo Ann Zu˝iga, American news reporter
- Daphne Eurydice Zuniga (b. 1962), American actress
- Marta Cecilia Zu˝iga, biologist and professor
- Francisco Zuniga (1912-1998), Costa Rican-born Mexican Sculptor
- Juan Camilo Z˙˝iga Mosquera (b. 1985), Colombian football defender
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Annuaire GÚnÚral HÚraldique Universel. Paris: Institut HÚraldique, 1901. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Espa˝ola Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: HidalguÝa, 1976. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial GÚnÚral by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
The Zuniga Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Zuniga Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 November 2014 at 15:22.
on orders of $85 or more