on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Zuber family come from? What is the German Zuber family crest and coat of arms? When did the Zuber family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Zuber family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Zuber, Zueber, Zuhber, Züber, Zouber, Zoober and others.
First found in Switzerland, where the name came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates and branches, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Zuber research. Another 236 words(17 lines of text) covering the years 1819 and 1876 are included under the topic Early Zuber History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Zuber Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Zuber Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Ulrig Zuber, who landed in New York in 1709
- Michel Zuber, who arrived in America in 1752
- David Zuber, who settled in Philadelphia in 1775
Zuber Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Ferdinand Zuber, who settled in Ohio in 1809-1852
- Franz Zuber, who came to New York in 1850
- Franz Zuber, who landed in New York, NY in 1850
- Joseph Von Zuber came to America in 1854
- August Zuber arrived in Chile in 1885 with his wife Anna Breithaupt in 1885
Zuber Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Charles L. Zuber, who arrived in Ontario in 1871
- William Henry "Bill" Zuber (1913-1982), American Major League Baseball pitcher in the 30's and 40's
- Catherine Zuber, American five-time Tony Award winning costume designer for the Broadway theater and opera
- Thomas Francis "Tom" Zuber (b. 1972), American attorney, entrepreneur, and inventor, creator and CEO of LawLoop.com
- Edward Fenwick Zuber (b. 1932), Canadian artist, known for his work as a War Artist
- Maria T Zuber, E. A. Griswold Professor of Geophysics at MIT and participant in NASA planet mapping missions
- Andreas Zuber (b. 1983), Austrian race car driver including in the GP2 Series
- Steven Zuber (b. 1991), Swiss football forward
- Marc Zuber (1944-2003), India-born, British actor
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
The Zuber Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Zuber Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 28 October 2013 at 11:54.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more