Ziolkowski History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Ziolkowski family
The surname Ziolkowski was first found in East Prussia, where the name Ziola came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as numerous branches of the same house acquired distant estates, some of which were located in other countries. Through the acquisition of these estates as well as their important contributions to society, the family successfully elevated their social status.
Early History of the Ziolkowski family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ziolkowski research. Another 125 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1702, 1719, and 1790 are included under the topic Early Ziolkowski History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ziolkowski Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ziola, Ziolecki, Ziolkowski, Zoladz, Zoltowski, Zolkiewski,Zolciknski, Zolczycki, Zolynski and many more.
Early Notables of the Ziolkowski family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Ziolkowski Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Ziolkowski is the 17,073rd most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
| Ziolkowski migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ziolkowski Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Sylvester Ziolkowski, who settled in Wisconsin in 1912
- Leon Ziolkowski, who settled in New York in 1912
|Contemporary Notables of the name Ziolkowski (post 1700) ||+|
- Robert L. Ziolkowski, American politician, Circuit Judge in Michigan 3rd Circuit, 2001; Defeated, 1974, 1978 
- Theodore Ziolkowski (b. 1932), American scholar in the fields of German studies and comparative literature
- Janusz Aleksander Ziólkowski (1924-2000), Polish sociologist and politician
- Andrew Charles Frederick Ziolkowski (1963-1994), Australian politician