Zeman History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Zeman comes from name of the city and province of Zamora, which is located on the Duero in northwest Spain. Because of its strategic position, the city was disputed during the Middle Ages, first between the Christians and Moors, then between the kingdoms of Leon and Castille.
Early Origins of the Zeman family
The surname Zeman was first found in the Basque province of Guipuzcoa, in north western Spain.
Early History of the Zeman family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Zeman research. Another 254 words (18 lines of text) covering the years 1542, 1623, 1770 and 1788 are included under the topic Early Zeman History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Zeman Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Zamora, Zanora, Zamor, Samora, Zamaura, Zamore and others.
Early Notables of the Zeman family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family were Rodrigo Zamorano (1542-1623), a cosmographer of the royal house of Philip II of Spain; Francesco de Zamora of Villafranca de Montes de Oca (Burgos), who was ennobled in 1770; and Juan Manuel de Zamora y Sainz...
Another 42 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Zeman Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Zeman is the 11,273rd most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Zeman migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Zeman Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Mical Zeman, aged 38, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1741 
Zeman Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- George Zeman, who landed in Arkansas in 1902 
Contemporary Notables of the name Zeman (post 1700) +
- Paula Redd Zeman, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New York, 1996; Presidential Elector for New York, 1996 
- Leland E. Zeman, American politician, Candidate for Mayor of Los Angeles, California, 1945 
- Anton T. Zeman, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Illinois, 1920 
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 10) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html