Zeledon History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Zeledon family
The surname Zeledon was first found in West Prussia and Pomerelia, where the name emerged in mediaeval times as one of the notable families in the western region. From the 13th century onwards the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
Early History of the Zeledon family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Zeledon research. Another 89 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1673 and 1755 are included under the topic Early Zeledon History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Zeledon Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Zeleznik, Zelenski, Zelenka, Zelenys, Zelewski, Zelislawski, Zeleznicki, Zeleznicky, Zelinski, Zelslawski, Zelznik, Czelsnik, Celznik, Selznik and many more.
Early Notables of the Zeledon family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Zeledon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Zeledon family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Barbara Zelinka, who came to New Orleans in 1852; Andreas Zelenka, who arrived in Baltimore in 1876; Antonio Zelenka, who came to Baltimore in 1878; Martin Zelewski, who settled in Baltimore in 1881.
Contemporary Notables of the name Zeledon (post 1700) +
- Vicente de las Mercedes Herrera Zeledón (1821-1888), Costa Rican politician, President of Costa Rica from 30 July 1876 to 11 September 1877
- Rodrigo Alberto Carazo Zeledón (b. 1948), Costa Rican politician, economist and lawyer
- Manuel González Zeledón (1864-1936), Costa Rican writer
- José María Zeledón Brenes (1877-1949), Costa Rican politician, poet, journalist and writer
- José Joaquín Rodríguez Zeledón (1837-1917), Costa Rican politician, President of Costa Rica from 1890 to 1894
- José Castulo Zeledón (1846-1923), Costa Rican ornithologist
Related Stories +