100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: Dutch
The surname Youngblood was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Amsterdam, an ancient 13th century town held by the Lords of Amstel. Giesebrecht II built a castle there. Geisbrecht III built the dam to keep out the sea. It is first mentioned in charters of 1275 when Floris IV, the count of Holland granted its charter. It became a city of great mercantile wealth. It held great treasures of art. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Jongebloet, Jonckbloet, Youngblood, Yongblood, Yungblud, Jongerblood, Jongerbloed, Jungbluth, Jungblut, Jungbluth, Jongbluth and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Youngblood research. Another 269 words (19 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Youngblood History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Youngblood Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Youngblood Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Philip Youngblood, who arrived in Mississippi in 1852
- Gustav Youngblood, aged 42, who arrived in America, in 1896
- Chas Youngblood, who pioneered in Arkansas in 1898
Youngblood Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Francis J. Youngblood, aged 24, arriving in America, in 1904
- Josef Youngblood, aged 60, who arrived in America, in 1904
- Maria Youngblood, aged 57, who arrived in America, in 1904
- Frank Youngblood, aged 27, who emigrated to America, in 1907
- Ellen Youngblood, aged 20, who arrived in America, in 1916
- Rudy Youngblood (b. 1982), Native American actor also known as Tee-Dee-Nae
- Rosita C. Youngblood, American politician, member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, 198th District
- Mary Youngblood, American Native American flutist
- Mari Youngblood, born Mary Schreck, American soprano vocalist, wife of Thomas Youngblood
- Sydney Youngblood (b. 1960), born Sydney Ford, American-born, German singer
- Thomas Youngblood, American guitarist and founding member of the metal band Kamelot
- Lonnie Youngblood (b. 1941), born Lonnie Thomas, American saxophonist and bandleader
- Joel Randolph Youngblood III (b. 1951), American Major League Baseball player
- Jay Youngblood (1955-1985), ring name of Steven Romero, American professional wrestler
- Herbert Jackson "Jack" Youngblood III (b. 1950), American NFL football player, inductee into the NFL Hall of Fame
- Jeremiah Youngblood: A Genealogy by Dorothy Morris Quaife.
- Rudd-Pollard-Youngblood and Related Families by Margaret Rudd Youngblood.
- The Youngblood Family: Some Descendants of Three Generation by Reba Holmes Brown.
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
The Youngblood Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Youngblood Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 December 2013 at 09:01.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!