Yepez History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Yepez family
The surname Yepez was first found in Oldenburg in Lower Saxony
where the name Jepp was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Early History of the Yepez family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Yepez research.Another 279 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1488 and 1621 are included under the topic Early Yepez History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Yepez Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Jepp, Jeppema, Jeepma, Chepp, Chep, Cheppa, Yep, Yek, Yepes, Jappa, Jappin, Jabbe, Jabeek, Jabach and many more.
Early Notables of the Yepez family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Yepez Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Yepez family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Yepez Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Eduardo Yepez, aged 29, who arrived in America, in 1893
- Mrs. Eduardo Yepez, aged 18, who arrived in America, in 1893
Yepez Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Eliseo Yepez, aged 60, who arrived in America from Girardo, Colombia, in 1922
- Clotilda Yepez, aged 55, who arrived in America from Girardo, Colombia, in 1922
- Soledad Yepez, aged 24, who arrived in America from Girardo, Colombia, in 1922
- Jorge Yepez, aged 18, who arrived in America, in 1924
- Rafael Yepez, aged 21, who arrived in America from Santiago, Chile, in 1924
Contemporary Notables of the name Yepez (post 1700)
- Argenis Antonio Salazar Yepez (b. 1961), Venezuelan former Major League Baseball shortstop
- Ney Yépez Cortés (b. 1968), Ecuadorian writer, journalist, poet and songwriter
- Enrique Espín Yépez (1926-1997), Ecuadorean composer and violinist
- Trotzky Augusto Yepez Obando (1940-2010), Ecuadorian chess player, brother of Olavo Yépez Obando
- Olavo Yépez Obando (1937-1969), Ecuadorian chess master, awarded the International Master title in 1969
Yepez Family Crest Products