Yepes History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Yepes family
The surname Yepes was first found in Oldenburg in Lower Saxony where the name Jepp was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Early History of the Yepes family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Yepes research. Another 116 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1488 and 1621 are included under the topic Early Yepes History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Yepes Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Jepp, Jeppema, Jeepma, Chepp, Chep, Cheppa, Yep, Yek, Yepes, Jappa, Jappin, Jabbe, Jabeek, Jabach and many more.
Early Notables of the Yepes family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Yepes Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Yepes migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Yepes Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Juan De Yepes, who arrived in America in 1813 
- Hernando De Yepes, who landed in America in 1817 
- Alonso De Yepes, who landed in America in 1826 
- Francisco De Yepes, who arrived in Cartagena in 1834 
Contemporary Notables of the name Yepes (post 1700) +
- María Fernanda Yépes Alzate (b. 1980), Colombian actress and model
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)