on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the German Yeater family come from? What is the German Yeater family crest and coat of arms? When did the Yeater family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Yeater family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Jetzer, Jeter, Jater, Jeetze, Jatzer and others.
First found in Austria, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Yeater research. Another 214 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1817, 1823, and 1853 are included under the topic Early Yeater History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Yeater Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Yeater Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johannes Yeater, aged 21, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1753
- J. W. Yeater, American politician, Member of West Virginia State Senate 2nd District, 1889-92
- Charles E. Yeater, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Philippine Islands, 1928
- Beatrice Yeater, American Democrat politician, Member of West Virginia Democratic State Executive Committee, 1937; Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from West Virginia, 1940
- Eric Yeater, American director, writer and producer, involved in more than 89 videos many seen on PBS
- Charles Emmett Yeater (1861-1943), American acting Governor-General of the Philippines (1921)
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
The Yeater Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Yeater Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 December 2015 at 19:42.
on orders of $85 or more