Yearsely History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Yearsely family
The surname Yearsely was first found in North Yorkshire at Yearsley, a township, in the parish of Coxwold, union of Easingwould, wapentake of Birdforth.  
The place name dates back to the Domesday Book of 1086 when it was known as Eureslage.  Literally the place name means "wood or clearing of the wild boar, or of a man called Eofor." 
Early History of the Yearsely family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Yearsely research. Another 70 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Yearsely History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Yearsely Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Yearly, Yearsly, Yearling, Earsley and others.
Early Notables of the Yearsely family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Yearsely Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Yearsely family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: the name represented in many forms and recorded from the mid 17th century in the great migration from Europe. Migrants settled in the eastern seaboard from Newfoundland, to Maine, to Virginia, the Carolinas, and to the islands..
|Contemporary Notables of the name Yearsely (post 1700) ||+|
- D Yearsely, Irish researcher at the Central Veterinary Research Laboratory, Celbridge, Co., Backweston Campus, Young's Cross, Kildare, Ireland
- Lewis, Samuel, A Topographical Dictionary of England. Institute of Historical Research, 1848, Print.
- Lower, Mark Anthony, Patronymica Britannica, A Dictionary of Family Names of the United Kingdom. London: John Russel Smith, 1860. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds., Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8)
- Mills, A.D., Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4)