Yanez History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The mountainous borders of Spain contain the origins of the prestigious surname Yanez. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Spain were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. Spanish patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and the most common patronymic suffix is ez.
Early Origins of the Yanez family
The surname Yanez was first found in Castile, preeminent among the Christian kingdoms of medieval Spain.
Early History of the Yanez family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Yanez research. Another 116 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1094, 1236, 1248, 1257, 1644, 1712, 1700 and 1709 are included under the topic Early Yanez History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Yanez Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ibáñez, Ibañez, Ibánez, Ibanez, Ibán, Iban, Iváñez, Ivañez, Ivánez, Ivanez, Báñez, Bañez, Bánez, Banez, Fáñez, Fañez, Fánez, Fanez, Juan, Juanes, Juanas, Juano, Joanes, Juánez, Juanez, Yáñez, Yañez, Yánez and many more.
Early Notables of the Yanez family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family were Pedro Yáñez Espiga and Fernán Ibáñez Baticela, who received a grant of land in the Repartimiento de Córdoba after that city was retaken from the Muslims in 1236; Gonzalo Yáñez de Meneses, who fought in the reconquest of Seville in 1248; Gonzalo Yáñez, who received a gift of land from King Alfonso X in 1257; Rodrigo Yáñez, author of the fourteenth century Leonese "Poem of Alfonso XI"; fifteenth century nobleman Alonso Yáñez Fajardo; Domingo Báñez, sixteenth...
Another 82 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Yanez Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Yanez migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Yanez Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Hernando Yanez, who landed in America in 1826 
- Gonzalo Yanez, who arrived in Dominican Republic in 1827 
- Rodrigo Yanez, who landed in America in 1827 
- Juan Yanez, who arrived in New Spain in 1834 
- Pedro Yanez, who arrived in Columbia in 1836 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Yanez (post 1700) +
- Luis Yáñez (b. 1988), American gold medalist boxer at the 2007 Pan American Games
- Eliodoro Yáñez Ponce de León (1860-1932), Chilean journalist, lawyer, and politician
- Eduardo Yáñez (b. 1960), Mexican television and film actor
- Renzo Alberto Yáñez Adasme (b. 1980), Chilean footballer
- Agustín Yáñez Delgadillo (1904-1980), Mexican writer and politician
- Carlos M Cuesta Yañez (b. 1905), professor of Medicine in Argentina
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)