on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Dutch Wynkoop family come from? What is the Dutch Wynkoop family crest and coat of arms? When did the Wynkoop family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Wynkoop family history?The distinguished surname Wynkoop is Dutch in origin. It is an occupational name, meaning "wine cup," and referring to "one who sells wine." The name was probably first borne by someone who held this occupation.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Wynkoop, Wijnkoop, Wynnkoop, Winecup, Winecoop and others.
First found in Holland, where the ancestral home of the Wynkoop family is thought to be located.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Wynkoop research. Another 308 words (22 lines of text) covering the year 1842 is included under the topic Early Wynkoop History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 36 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Wynkoop Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Wynkoop Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Pieter Wynkoop, who landed in New Netherland(s) in 1639
- Cornelis Evertsz Wynkoop, who settled in New Netherlands in 1651
- Cornelis Wynkoop, who landed in New York in 1658
Wynkoop Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Dirck Wynkoop, aged 47, arrived in New York in 1746
- Henry Wynkoop, who immigrated to Pennsylvania in 1777
- Rodney Wynkoop, American conductor, Director of Chapel Music at Duke University
- Christopher Wynkoop (b. 1943), American film actor, known for his work on Ghostbusters (1984), Wendigo (2001) and Summer of Sam (1999)
- Edward W Wynkoop (1836-1891), American founder of the city of Denver, Colorado, a lieutenant colonel in the First Colorado Volunteer Cavalry during the American Civil War
- Mildred Olive Bangs Wynkoop (1905-1997), American ordained minister in the Church of the Nazarene
- Joel D. Wynkoop (b. 1960), American actor and filmmaker
- Gerardus Wynkoop (d. 1812), American politician, Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, 2nd Speaker of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 1793
- Henry Wynkoop (1737-1812), American politician, Member of the Continental Congress, United States Representative for the state of Pennsylvania (1789-1791)
- Henry Wynkoop, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from New York, 1856
- Henry Wynkoop (1737-1816), American politician, Delegate to Continental Congress from Pennsylvania, 1779-82; State Court Judge in Pennsylvania, 1783-89; U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania at-large, 1789-91
- Dirck Wynkoop (1732-1796), American politician, Member of New York State Assembly from Ulster County, 1780-81; Common Pleas Court Judge in New York
- Wynkoop Genealogy in the United States of American. 3rd Ed. Richard Wynkoop. New York: Knickerbocker Press, 1904.
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Jameson, John Franklin. Narratives of New Netherland 1609-1664. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1909. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München: 1975. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
The Wynkoop Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Wynkoop Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 January 2016 at 11:33.
on orders of $85 or more