on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Dutch Wynkoop family come from? What is the Dutch Wynkoop family crest and coat of arms? When did the Wynkoop family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Wynkoop family history?The distinguished surname Wynkoop is Dutch in origin. It is an occupational name, meaning "wine cup," and referring to "one who sells wine." The name was probably first borne by someone who held this occupation.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Wynkoop, Wijnkoop, Wynnkoop, Winecup, Winecoop and others.
First found in Holland, where the ancestral home of the Wynkoop family is thought to be located.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Wynkoop research. Another 308 words(22 lines of text) covering the year 1842 is included under the topic Early Wynkoop History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 36 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Wynkoop Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Wynkoop Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Pieter Wynkoop, who landed in New Netherland(s) in 1639
- Cornelis Evertsz Wynkoop, who settled in New Netherlands in 1651
- Cornelis Wynkoop, who landed in New York in 1658
Wynkoop Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Dirck Wynkoop, aged 47, arrived in New York in 1746
- Henry Wynkoop, who immigrated to Pennsylvania in 1777
- Henry Wynkoop (1737-1812), American politician, Member of the Continental Congress, United States Representative for the state of Pennsylvania (1789-1791)
- Gerardus Wynkoop (d. 1812), American politician, Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, 2nd Speaker of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 1793
- Joel D. Wynkoop (b. 1960), American actor and filmmaker
- Mildred Olive Bangs Wynkoop (1905-1997), American ordained minister in the Church of the Nazarene
- Edward W Wynkoop (1836-1891), American founder of the city of Denver, Colorado, a lieutenant colonel in the First Colorado Volunteer Cavalry during the American Civil War
- Rodney Wynkoop, well-known conductor, Director of Chapel Music at Duke University
- Christopher Wynkoop, film actor
- Wynkoop Genealogy in the United States of American. 3rd Ed. Richard Wynkoop. New York: Knickerbocker Press, 1904.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München: 1975. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
The Wynkoop Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Wynkoop Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 1 December 2014 at 06:39.
on orders of $85 or more