Early Origins of the Wunsche family
The surname Wunsche was first found in Germany
, where the name Wunsche came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as numerous branches of the same house acquired distant estates, some of which were located in other countries. Through the acquisition of these estates as well as their important contributions to society, the family successfully elevated their social status. The name was given to a person from Wendland, a place in north-east Germany
. Alternatively, the name could have been derived from Wendling, a municipality in the district of Grieskirchen in Upper Austria.
Early History of the Wunsche family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Wunsche research.Another 195 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1657 and 1731 are included under the topic Early Wunsche History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Wunsche Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Wendt, Wend, Wende, Wendisch, Windisch, Winsch, Wundisch, Wunsche, Wunsch, Wentscher, Wintscher, Wunscher, Winschmann, Windischmann, Wunschmann, Wendland, Wendlandt, Wendlander, Wendler and many more.
Early Notables of the Wunsche family (pre 1700)
Another 22 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Wunsche Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Wunsche family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Wunsche Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- K Gottlieb Wunsche, who arrived in Texas in 1846 CITATION[CLOSE]
Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- Hermann Wunsche, aged 33, who settled in America, in 1893
- Hermine Wunsche, aged 2, who emigrated to the United States, in 1893
Wunsche Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Helene Wunsche, aged 2, who landed in America from Odessa, in 1907
- Emma Wunsche, aged 10, who landed in America from Odessa, in 1907
- Klara Wunsche, aged 19, who landed in America from Odessa, in 1907
- Paul Wunsche, aged 23, who emigrated to the United States from Berlin, Germany, in 1907
- Regina Wunsche, aged 6, who settled in America from Odessa, in 1907
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Wunsche (post 1700)
- Gert Wünsche (b. 1943), former German footballer
- Florian Wünsche (b. 1991), German actor
- Max Wünsche (1914-1995), German SS-Obersturmbannführer in the Waffen-SS during World War II, recipient of the Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves