Wunsch History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Wunsch family
The surname Wunsch was first found in Germany, where the name Wunsch came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as numerous branches of the same house acquired distant estates, some of which were located in other countries. Through the acquisition of these estates as well as their important contributions to society, the family successfully elevated their social status. The name was given to a person from Wendland, a place in north-east Germany. Alternatively, the name could have been derived from Wendling, a municipality in the district of Grieskirchen in Upper Austria.
Early History of the Wunsch family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Wunsch research. Another 98 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1657 and 1731 are included under the topic Early Wunsch History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Wunsch Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Wendt, Wend, Wende, Wendisch, Windisch, Winsch, Wundisch, Wunsche, Wunsch, Wentscher, Wintscher, Wunscher, Winschmann, Windischmann, Wunschmann, Wendland, Wendlandt, Wendlander, Wendler and many more.
Early Notables of the Wunsch family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Wunsch Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Wunsch migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Wunsch Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Hans Ulrich Wunsch, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1750 
- Joh Bernhart Wunsch, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1750 
- Margaretha Wunsch, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1750 
Contemporary Notables of the name Wunsch (post 1700) +
- Christian D. Wunsch, American co-developer of the Needleman-Wunsch algorithm used in bioinformatics
- Harry Wunsch (b. 1910), American NFL guard who played with the Green Bay Packers during the 1934 season
- Gerald "Jerry" Wunsch (b. 1974), American former offensive tackle and offensive guard in the NFL
- Carl Wunsch (b. 1941), the Cecil and Ida Green Professor of Physical Oceanography at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Kelly Douglas Wunsch (b. 1972), former American Major League Baseball left-handed pitcher
- Richard E. Wunsch, American politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Michigan 7th District, 2012 
- Paul R. Wunsch, American Republican politician, Speaker of the Kansas State House of Representatives, 1943-44; Delegate to Republican National Convention from Kansas, 1960 
- Ellis A. Wunsch, American Democrat politician, Candidate for University of Michigan Board of Regents, 1959 
- Noah Wunsch (b. 1970), German painter, photographer and designer
- Uwe Wünsch (b. 1963), East German cross country skier
- ... (Another 1 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 21) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html