on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Wraxall family come from? What is the English Wraxall family crest and coat of arms? When did the Wraxall family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Wraxall family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Wraxall, Wraxhall, Rackshall, Wroxhall, Wroxall, Roxhill, Racksall, Rackshall, Rackshall, Rackshill, Wrackshall, Wrackshill, Wrickshill, Wrickshall and many more.
First found in Wraxall, a village in North Somerset. However, Wraxall is the name of villages in Wiltshire and Dorset over the years. The Somerset village seems to be the oldest as the original Wraxall Court manor house was held shortly after the Norman Conquest by De Wrokeshale. This latter reference could have been modernized as the surname that we know today.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Wraxall research. Another 257 words (18 lines of text) covering the years 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Wraxall History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Wraxall Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Wraxall Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Horace Wraxall, aged 34, who emigrated to the United States from Bermingham, England, in 1914
- Frederick Wraxall, aged 36, who settled in America, in 1924
- Sir Charles Frederick Lascelles Wraxall (b. 1961), 9th Baronet
- Sir Charles Frederick Lascelles Wraxall (1896-1951), 7th Baronet
- Sir Morville William Wraxall (1862-1902), 6th Baronet
- Sir Morville William Nathaniel Wraxall (1834-1898), 5th Baronet
- Sir Horatio Henry Wraxall (1832-1882), 4th Baronet
- Sir Frederick Charles Lascelles Wraxall (1828-1865), 3rd Baronet
- Sir William Wraxall (1791-1863), 2nd Baronet
- Sir Nathaniel William Wraxall (1751-1831), 1st Baronet, English author
- Peter Wraxall (d. 1759), British official in the province of New York
- Sir Morville William Lascelles Wraxall (1922-1978), 8th Baronet
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Bowman, George Ernest. The Mayflower Reader A Selection of Articales from The Mayflower Descendent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The Wraxall Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Wraxall Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 26 June 2012 at 07:29.
on orders of $85 or more