Early Origins of the Wraxall family
The surname Wraxall was first found in Wraxall, a village in North Somerset
. However, Wraxall is the name of villages in Wiltshire
over the years. The Somerset
village seems to be the oldest as the original Wraxall Court manor house was held shortly after the Norman Conquest
by De Wrokeshale. This latter reference could have been modernized as the surname that we know today.
Early History of the Wraxall family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Wraxall research.Another 257 words (18 lines of text) covering the years 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Wraxall History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Wraxall Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Wraxall, Wraxhall, Rackshall, Wroxhall, Wroxall, Roxhill, Racksall, Rackshall, Rackshall, Rackshill, Wrackshall, Wrackshill, Wrickshill, Wrickshall and many more.
Early Notables of the Wraxall family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Wraxall Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Wraxall family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Wraxall Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Horace Wraxall, aged 34, who emigrated to the United States from Bermingham, England, in 1914
- Frederick Wraxall, aged 36, who settled in America, in 1924
Contemporary Notables of the name Wraxall (post 1700)
- Sir Charles Frederick Lascelles Wraxall (b. 1961), 9th Baronet
- Sir Charles Frederick Lascelles Wraxall (1896-1951), 7th Baronet
- Sir Morville William Wraxall (1862-1902), 6th Baronet
- Sir Morville William Nathaniel Wraxall (1834-1898), 5th Baronet
- Sir Horatio Henry Wraxall (1832-1882), 4th Baronet
- Sir Frederick Charles Lascelles Wraxall (1828-1865), 3rd Baronet
- Sir William Wraxall (1791-1863), 2nd Baronet
- Sir Nathaniel William Wraxall (1751-1831), 1st Baronet, English author
- Peter Wraxall (d. 1759), British official in the province of New York
- Sir Morville William Lascelles Wraxall (1922-1978), 8th Baronet