Woomer History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Woomer family
The surname Woomer was first found in Belgium, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in West Flanders, a province in Belgium, originally Bruges. Within this province the notable towns are Bruges, the capital city, Ostend, Courtrai, Furnes, Thielt, Ypres and Roulers. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Early History of the Woomer family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Woomer research. Another 60 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Woomer History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Woomer Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Woomer, van Woomen, van Woemen, van Woumen, Woomen, Woumen, Woemen, Woumer and many more.
Early Notables of the Woomer family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Woomer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Woomer migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Woomer Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Bernard Woomer, who settled in Philadelphia in 1737
- Barnard Woomer, who settled in Philadelphia in 1737
- Barnard Woomer, aged 29, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1737 
Contemporary Notables of the name Woomer (post 1700) +
- Ephraim Milton Woomer (1844-1897), American politician, Republican member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Pennsylvania (1893-1897)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)