Wisniewski History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Wisniewski surname is a habitational name, taken on from one of the many places in Poland called Wisniewo, Wisniew, or Wisniewa. These places all derive their name from "wisnia," meaning "cherry," and the surname means "one from the town of the cherry tree."
Early Origins of the Wisniewski family
The surname Wisniewski was first found in the area that now makes up the autonomous nation-state of Poland.
Early History of the Wisniewski family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Wisniewski research. Another 44 words (3 lines of text) covering the years 1718, 1774, and 1808 are included under the topic Early Wisniewski History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Wisniewski Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Wiszniewski, Wisniowski, Wisniowiecki and others.
Early Notables of the Wisniewski family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Wisniewski Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Wisniewski is the 4,080th most popular surname with an estimated 7,461 people with that name.  However, in France, the name Wisniewski is ranked the 3,720th most popular surname with an estimated 1,500 - 2,000 people with that name. 
Wisniewski migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Wisniewski Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Maria Wisniewski, who settled in Baltimore in 1868
- Anna Wisniewski, baptised in Baltimore in 1877
- Karol Wisniewski, on record in Baltimore in 1877
- Franz Wisniewski, who settled in Baltimore in 1883
- Angelica Wisniewski, age 2, who arrived in Baltimore in 1884
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Wisniewski (post 1700) +
- David Wisniewski (1953-2002), American children's author and illustrator
- Leo Joseph Wisniewski (b. 1959), former American football nose tackle
- John S. Wisniewski (b. 1962), American Democratic Party politician
- Keith Wisniewski (b. 1981), American mixed martial arts fighter
- Stefen David Wisniewski (b. 1989), American football offensive lineman
- Constance Wisniewski (1922-1995), All-American Girls Professional Baseball League player (1944 to 1952)
- Andrew Wisniewski (b. 1981), American professional basketball player
- James Joseph Wisniewski (b. 1984), American professional ice hockey player
- Stanley C. Wisniewski, American copyright royalty judge specializing in economics
- Irvin C. Wisniewski (b. 1925), former American football and basketball player and coach
- ... (Another 15 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ http://www.journaldesfemmes.com/nom-de-famille/nom/