on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Wellings family come from? What is the English Wellings family crest and coat of arms? When did the Wellings family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Wellings family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Welling, Wellings, Wellinge, Wellynge, Wellyngs and many more.
First found in county Norfolk, where William de Wellynge was recorded in 1273.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Wellings research. Another 269 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1362, 1578, 1619, and 1757 are included under the topic Early Wellings History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Wellings Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Wellings Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Joseph Wellings, who settled in Maryland in 1674
- Joseph Wellings, who landed in Maryland in 1674
Wellings Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Wellings, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1872
- John Wellings, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1872
- Eloise Wellings (b. 1982), American-born, Australian long-distance runner
- Paul William Wellings CBE FRSA (b. 1953), English ecologist and academic, current Vice-Chancellor of University of Wollongong
- Bob Wellings, English former television presenter
- Evelyn Maitland "Lyn" Wellings (1909-1992), Egyptian-born English cricketer and journalist
- Peter Edward Wellings (b. 1970), former English cricketer who played from 1996 to 2000
- Barry Wellings (b. 1958), English former professional footballer
- Sir Jack Alfred Wellings, British chairman and managing director of The 600 Group Ltd
- Andy J. Wellings, British professor in the Computer Science department at the University of York
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
The Wellings Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Wellings Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 6 November 2014 at 09:05.
on orders of $85 or more