on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the English Wellings family come from? What is the English Wellings family crest and coat of arms? When did the Wellings family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Wellings family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Welling, Wellings, Wellinge, Wellynge, Wellyngs and many more.
First found in county Norfolk, where William de Wellynge was recorded in 1273.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Wellings research. Another 269 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1362, 1578, 1619, and 1757 are included under the topic Early Wellings History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Wellings Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Wellings Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Joseph Wellings, who settled in Maryland in 1674
- Joseph Wellings, who landed in Maryland in 1674
Wellings Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Wellings, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1872
- John Wellings, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1872
- Charles Wellings, American Republican politician, Chair of Doddridge County Republican Party, 1983
- Eloise Wellings (b. 1982), American-born, Australian long-distance runner
- Barry Wellings (b. 1958), English former professional footballer
- Peter Edward Wellings (b. 1970), former English cricketer who played from 1996 to 2000
- Evelyn Maitland "Lyn" Wellings (1909-1992), Egyptian-born English cricketer and journalist
- Bob Wellings, English former television presenter
- Paul William Wellings CBE FRSA (b. 1953), English ecologist and academic, current Vice-Chancellor of University of Wollongong
- Andy J. Wellings, British professor in the Computer Science department at the University of York
- Sir Jack Alfred Wellings, British chairman and managing director of The 600 Group Ltd
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
The Wellings Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Wellings Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 October 2015 at 11:04.
on orders of $85 or more