on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Wellings family come from? What is the English Wellings family crest and coat of arms? When did the Wellings family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Wellings family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Welling, Wellings, Wellinge, Wellynge, Wellyngs and many more.
First found in county Norfolk, where William de Wellynge was recorded in 1273.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Wellings research. Another 269 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1362, 1578, 1619, and 1757 are included under the topic Early Wellings History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Wellings Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Wellings Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Joseph Wellings, who settled in Maryland in 1674
- Joseph Wellings, who landed in Maryland in 1674
Wellings Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Wellings, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1872
- John Wellings, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1872
- Eloise Wellings (b. 1982), American-born, Australian long-distance runner
- Paul William Wellings CBE FRSA (b. 1953), English ecologist and academic, current Vice-Chancellor of University of Wollongong
- Bob Wellings, English former television presenter
- Evelyn Maitland "Lyn" Wellings (1909-1992), Egyptian-born English cricketer and journalist
- Peter Edward Wellings (b. 1970), former English cricketer who played from 1996 to 2000
- Barry Wellings (b. 1958), English former professional footballer
- Sir Jack Alfred Wellings, British chairman and managing director of The 600 Group Ltd
- Andy J. Wellings, British professor in the Computer Science department at the University of York
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
The Wellings Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Wellings Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 6 November 2014 at 09:05.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more