Weirich History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Weirich is of German origin, and is derived from a nickname meaning "priest spreading incense." Etymologists believe that the name Weirich may also be derived from the personal names Wirich, Wigerich, and Wigirich, indicating descent.
Early Origins of the Weirich family
The surname Weirich was first found in Saarburg, where Wiricus Vogelhunt was mentioned in records dating from 1229. His name was likely passed down through his descendants as the surname Weirich.
Early History of the Weirich family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Weirich research. Another 114 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1332, 1469, 1515, 1573, 1601, 1603, and 1858 are included under the topic Early Weirich History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Weirich Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Wyrick, Wyrich, Weihrich, Wierich, Wierig, Wierick, Weyrich and many more.
Early Notables of the Weirich family (pre 1700)
Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Weirich Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Weirich migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Weirich Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johan Jacob Weirich, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1750 
- Wilhelm Weirich, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1751 
- Christian Weirich, who came from Saarland to Philadelphia with his wife and children in 1757
Weirich Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Peter Weirich, who landed in North America in 1838 
- Carl Weirich, who arrived in Texas in 1840
- Carl Weirich, who landed in Galveston, Tex in 1846 
- Christian Weirich, aged 36, who arrived in Brazil in 1857 
- Jakob Weirich, who landed in North America in 1857 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Weirich (post 1700) +
- Paul Weirich (b. 1876), American engineer from Brooklyn
- James Nolan "Jim" Weirich (1956-2014), American developer, speaker, teacher, and contributor to the Ruby Programming Language community
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)