Walken History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Walken family
The surname Walken was first found in Huntingdon, where they had been granted lands by William the Conqueror, and were originally from the Norman French name Walchelyn.
Walkelin or Walchelin (d. 1098) was Bishop of Winchester. He was "a Norman by birth, and is said to have been a kinsman of the Conqueror. He was probably one of the clergy of the cathedral church of Rouen, for Maurilius (d. 1067) knew him well and spoke highly of him, and he was one of William's clerks. " 
Early History of the Walken family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Walken research. Another 106 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1210, 1211 and 1200 are included under the topic Early Walken History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Walken Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Wakelyn, Wakelin and others.
Early Notables of the Walken family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Walken Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Walken migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Walken Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Dorethea Walken, who arrived in Galveston, Tex in 1846 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Walken (post 1700) ||+|
- Georgianne Leigh Walken (b. 1939), American casting director for more than 80 television shows and movies since 1990
- Christopher Walken (b. 1943), Academy Award winning American stage and screen actor 
- Smith, George (ed), Dictionary of National Biography. London: Smith, Elder & Co., 1885-1900. Print
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- Christopher Walken. (Retrieved 2011, January 21) Christopher Walken. Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Walken