Waldeck History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Waldeck family
The surname Waldeck was first found in Baden, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Early History of the Waldeck family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Waldeck research. Another 131 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1524, 1553, 1712, 1533, 1554, 1493, 1574, 1500 and 1537 are included under the topic Early Waldeck History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Waldeck Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Waldeck, Waldec, Waldek, Waldecke, Waldecks, Waldeckes, Waaldeck, Walldeck, Walddeck, Waldecker and many more.
Early Notables of the Waldeck family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Waldeck Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Waldeck migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Waldeck Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Henry Waldeck, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1860 
- Louis Von Waldeck, who arrived in New York in 1862 
- Bruno Waldeck, who arrived in Colorado in 1880 
Contemporary Notables of the name Waldeck (post 1700) +
- Klaus Waldeck, usually known by his stage name of Waldeck, a Viennese former copyright lawyer and downtempo musician
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)