Wable History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The roots of the distinguished German surname Wable lie in the former duchy of Swabia. The name is Middle High German in origin, and can be translated as "bailiff, court usher." It is likely that the progenitor of this name held this occupation.
Early Origins of the Wable family
The surname Wable was first found in Swabia, where it is believed to have first emerged. The occupational
origin of the name makes it likely that several branches of the Wable family emerged independently in the various High German speaking regions of Germany
during the Middle Ages. The first known bearer of the name was Burcardus qui Waibil, who was a resident of the village of Lellwangen near Überlingen in 1200. The young Wable family played a major role in the early history of the region, and contributed greatly to the development of medieval Swabian society.
Early History of the Wable family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Wable research.Another 251 words (18 lines of text) covering the years 1200, 1330, 1384, 1520, 1579, 1676, 1717, 1787, and 1852 are included under the topic Early Wable History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Wable Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Waibel, Waible, Waibl, Weible, Weibel, Wibble, Wyble and many more.
Early Notables of the Wable family (pre 1700)
Another 41 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Wable Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Wable family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Wable Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Charles H. Wable, aged 37, who emigrated to the United States, in 1897
Wable Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Louis Amundsen Wable, aged 27, who landed in America, in 1902
- Marie Wable, aged 13, who emigrated to the United States from Wien, Austria, in 1907
- Marie Wable, aged 32, who settled in America from Wien, Austria, in 1907
- Engelbert Wable, aged 9, who landed in America from Wien, Austria, in 1907
- Karl Wable, aged 34, who settled in America from Wien, Austria, in 1907
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Wable Family Crest Products