100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Spelling variations of this family name include: Volmer, Volmar, Vollmar, Volmerbeke, Volmerstein, Wolmer, Wollmer, Wollner and many more.
First found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in South Holland, a province of Holland, the most crowded province of the Netherlands. The principal cities are Rotterdam, Leyden and Shiedam. Noted is the famed castle of Teilengen where Jacqueline of Bavaria is buried. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Vollmer research. Another 292 words (21 lines of text) covering the years 1640 and 1790 are included under the topic Early Vollmer History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Vollmer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vollmer Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Adam Vollmer, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1733
- Johannes Vollmer, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1750
- Michael Vollmer, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1753
Vollmer Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Johann Vollmer, aged 31, arrived in St Louis, Missouri in 1840
- Fredericke Vollmer, aged 28, arrived in St Louis, Missouri in 1842
- Balth Hch Vollmer, aged 7, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1843
- Casp Hch Vollmer, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1843
- Heinrich Vollmer, aged 38, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1843
Vollmer Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Christina Vollmer, aged 18, arrived in New York, NY in 1902
- Wilhelm Vollmer, aged 43, landed in New York, NY in 1902
- Wilhelmina Vollmer, aged 40, arrived in New York, NY in 1902
Vollmer Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Andriss Vollmer, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1751
- Andries Vollmer, who settled in Nova Scotia in 1751
Vollmer Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Elisabeth Vollmer, aged 18, landed in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1902
- Ray Vollmer, American politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Illinois 16th District, 1920
- Robert J. Vollmer, American politician, Candidate for New York State Senate 14th District, 1984
- Morris J. Vollmer, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Wisconsin, 1964
- James W. Vollmer, American politician, Mayor of Bozeman, Montana, 1976-77
- Henry Vollmer (1867-1930), American Democrat politician, Mayor of Davenport, Iowa, 1894-96; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Iowa, 1912
- Frederick Vollmer Jr., American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from New Jersey, 1912
- Ernest Vollmer (b. 1885), American politician, U.S. Vice Consul in Tsingtao, 1907; U.S. Vice & Deputy Consul in Tsingtao, 1907-09; U.S. Deputy Consul General in Rotterdam, 1909-11
- Deborah A. Vollmer (b. 1948), American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from California 21st District, 1992, 1996 ; Candidate in primary for U.S. Representative from Maryland 8th District, 1998, 2000, 2002
- Clarence E. Vollmer, American politician, Mayor of Wichita, Kansas, 1967-68
- Charles Vollmer, American politician, Socialist Labor Candidate for Presidential Elector for New York, 1900
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Großes Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
The Vollmer Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Vollmer Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 October 2015 at 14:05.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!