Viveiros History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Portuguese surname Viveiros is of local origin, derived from a place name where the original bearer resided or held land. In this instance, the surname derives from Viveros, a town located in the province of Albacete, Spain. The origin of the place name derives from the Castilian term "vivero," meaning "nursery" or "fish farm," from the Latin "vivaria," thus perhaps indicating that the town was established near such a feature.
Early Origins of the Viveiros family
The surname Viveiros was first found in near the Village of Albacete in Spain. However, once the region of Portugal became an independent kingdom, the Viveiros surname became an important Portuguese family name.
Early History of the Viveiros family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Viveiros research. Another 99 words (7 lines of text) covering the year 1840 is included under the topic Early Viveiros History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Viveiros Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Viveros, Viveiro, Vivero and others.
Early Notables of the Viveiros family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Viveiros Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Viveiros is the 13,887th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Viveiros migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Viveiros Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- J. G. Viveiros, aged 29, who landed in America, in 1892
Viveiros Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Manoel Viveiros, aged 28, who landed in America from St. Michael's, in 1900
- Maria dos Olnjos Viveiros, aged 46, who immigrated to the United States from St. Michaels, in 1901
- Jacintho Viveiros, aged 13, who immigrated to the United States from St. Michaels, in 1901
- Jose de Viveiros, aged 31, who settled in America from St. Michaels, in 1906
- Antonio d'Arruda Viveiros, aged 26, who landed in America from Delgada, Portugal, in 1907
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Viveiros (post 1700) +
- Carlton M. Viveiros, American politician, Mayor of Fall River, Massachusetts, 1978-90 
- Nuno Filipe Vasconcelos Viveiros (b. 1983), Portuguese footballer
- Emanuel "Manny" Viveiros (b. 1966), retired Canadian professional ice hockey player from St. Albert, Alberta
Related Stories +