Viramontes History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The Spanish surname Viramontes is of noble descent and appears to be of toponymic origin, deriving from a place name where the original bearer resided or held land. The family name Viramontes is composed of the elements "mira" and "montes," two Spanish words with the combined meaning of "place with a view of the mountains."
Early Origins of the Viramontes family
The surname Viramontes was first found in the village of Miramontes, situated in the province of La Coruna.
Early History of the Viramontes family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Viramontes research.Another 392 words (28 lines of text) covering the years 1809 and 1885 are included under the topic Early Viramontes History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Viramontes Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Miramontes, Miramontez, Miramonte, Miramón and many more.
Early Notables of the Viramontes family (pre 1700)
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Viramontes Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Viramontes family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Juan De Miramonte who left Seville and emigrated to New Spain
in 1562; and Florentino Miramonte who settled in Puerto Rico in 1860.
Contemporary Notables of the name Viramontes (post 1700)
- Tony Viramontes (1960-1988), American fashion and beauty illustrator
- Helena Maria Viramontes (b. 1954), American fiction writer and professor of English
- Maria T. Viramontes, American politician, Candidate for Mayor of Richmond, California, 2006 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Brenda Noemi Viramontes Ávalos (b. 1995), Mexican professional football Midfielder who currently plays for Gudalajara
Viramontes Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html