on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Villalpando family come from? What is the Spanish Villalpando family crest and coat of arms? When did the Villalpando family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Villalpando family history?Although the exact origin of the Spanish surname Villalpando is unclear, research suggests that, like most Spanish compound surnames containing the first element "Villa," the surname was adopted as a surname from the name of a place of residence. The Latin "Villa" means town. It is the place name that is uncertain.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Villacreces, Villacrecis, Villacrusis and others.
First found in Andalusia, in southern Spain, the chief city being Seville an ancient pre-Roman Iberian town.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Villalpando research. Another 177 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1552, 1608, 1616 and 1694 are included under the topic Early Villalpando History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 71 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Villalpando Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Villalpando Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Servan De Villalpando, who landed in America in 1814
Villalpando Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Marus Villalpando, aged 41, who landed in America from Mexico, in 1909
- Antonio Maria Villalpando, aged 32, who landed in America, in 1921
- Luis G. Villalpando, aged 30, who emigrated to the United States from Mexico City, Mexico, in 1923
- Catalina "Cathi" Vásquez Villalpando (b. 1940), American politician, the 39th Treasurer of the United States (1989 to 1993) under President George H. W. Bush
- Jesse M. Villalpando, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Indiana, 1996
- Jorge Villalpando Romo (b. 1985), Mexican footballer
- David Villalpando (b. 1959), Mexican actor, known for The Mask of Zorro (1998), El Norte (1983) and The Arrival (1996)
- Ambrosio de Funes Villalpando (1720-1780), Count of Ricla, Captain General of Cuba
- Cristóbal de Villalpando (1649-1714), Mexican painter, arts administrator and captain of the guard
- Jorge Villalpando Romo (b. 1985), Mexican professional footballer
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
The Villalpando Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Villalpando Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 28 October 2015 at 10:25.
on orders of $85 or more