Vilela History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Vilela family
The surname Vilela was first found in Andalucia, in southern Spain.
Early History of the Vilela family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Vilela research. Another 134 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1271 and 1700 are included under the topic Early Vilela History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Vilela Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Vallegas, Vallegos, Vallegoz, Vallegaz, Valleges, Vilehena, Vilhegas, Vilchena, Vilazel, Vilhena, Villegas, Villegos, Villegoz, Villegaz and many more.
Early Notables of the Vilela family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Vilela Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Vilela migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vilela Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Rafael Vilela, aged 51, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1830 
- Thomas Vilela, aged 36, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1830 
- Manuel Vilela, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1860 
- Jose De Vilela, who arrived in Peru in 1884 
Contemporary Notables of the name Vilela (post 1700) +
- Luiz Mancilha Vilela (1942-2022), Brazilian Roman Catholic prelate, Archbishop Emeritus of Vitória (2004-2018)
- Maguito Vilela (1949-2021), Brazilian politician who served as a Senator, and was mayor of Goiânia
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)