Early Origins of the Vigliotti family
The surname Vigliotti was first found in Piedmont
(Italian: Piemonte, Piedmontese and Occitan: Piemont), a territorial division of northern Italy at the foot of the Alps consisting of the provinces of Alessandria, Cuneo, Novara and Turin. Later Aosta and Vercelli were added and still later, Asti. History is related back to 49 B.C. The house of Savoy rose in 1000 A.D. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Vigliotti family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Vigliotti research.Another 211 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1822, 1825, and 1840 are included under the topic Early Vigliotti History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Vigliotti Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Vigliotti, Viglieti, Ghligliotti, Ghliglione, Vigliotto, Vigliotti, Biglietto and many more.
Early Notables of the Vigliotti family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Vigliotti Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Vigliotti family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vigliotti Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Andrea Vigliotti, aged 29, who landed in America from Cervino, in 1903
- Agostino Vigliotti, aged 33, who settled in America from S. Felice a Cancello, Italy, in 1905
- Alfredo Vigliotti, aged 19, who emigrated to the United States from Frosolosa, Italy, in 1907
- Alessandra Vigliotti, aged 36, who landed in America from Bellana, Caserta, in 1909
- Angelo Vigliotti, aged 32, who landed in America from Maddaloni, Caserta, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Vigliotti (post 1700)
- Raymond "Ray" Vigliotti (b. 1960), retired American soccer defender
- Anthony Vigliotti, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Massachusetts, 1980 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 11) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html