Early Origins of the Verrastro family
The surname Verrastro was first found in Ferrara, a city and comune in Emilia-Romagna
, northern Italy, capital city of the Province of Ferrara. History dates the city back to 753. It was at war with Venice
in 1471. It is a walled city and notable is the Church of S.Cristoforo. Knitted goods and shawls are made. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Early History of the Verrastro family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Verrastro research.Another 307 words (22 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Verrastro History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Verrastro Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Verarstro, Varrastro, Veratto, Verastiartu, Verastrini and many more.
Early Notables of the Verrastro family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Verrastro Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Verrastro family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Verrastro Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Agulse Verrastro, aged 56, who arrived in America from Avigliano, Italy, in 1893
- Angelo Verrastro, aged 23, who arrived in America, in 1895
- Maria Lucia Verrastro, aged 21, who arrived in America, in 1896
Verrastro Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Beatrice Verrastro, aged 24, who arrived in America from Potenza, Italy, in 1904
- Canio Verrastro, aged 16, who arrived in America from Avigliano, Italy, in 1910
- Vito Verrastro, aged 53, who arrived in America from Avigliano, Italy, in 1910
- Domenico Verrastro, aged 39, who arrived in America from Avigliano, Italy, in 1912
- Domenica Maria Verrastro, aged 13, who arrived in America from Avigliano, Italy, in 1917
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Verrastro (post 1700)
- Kira Verrastro, American actress, known for her work in Alvin and the Chipmunks (2007), The Caretaker (2008) and Extreme Movie (2008)
- Rear Admiral Paul J. Verrastro, American Director of Logistics Programs and Business Operations Division
- Frank A. Verrastro, American Senior Vice President and James R. Schlesinger Chair for Energy & Geopolitics at CSIS
- Vito Vincenzo Verrastro (1919-2004), Italian politician, the first president of the region of Basilicata (1970-1982)