Veronneau History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Veronneau family
The surname Veronneau was first found in the Isle of France.
Early History of the Veronneau family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Veronneau research. Another 60 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1575, 1595, 1722, and 1756 are included under the topic Early Veronneau History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Veronneau Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Veron, Veronneau, Veroneau, Vair, Ver, Vairel, Vairet, Vérel, Véret, Verlet, Véret, Vairon, Véron and many more.
Early Notables of the Veronneau family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family was John Véron (d. 1563), French Protestant controversialist, born at or near Sens. "He studied at Orleans in 1534, and about 1536 settled in England, for his letters of denisation, 2 July 1544, state that he had been eight years in that country, that he had been a student at Cambridge." 
François Véron (c.1575-1649), was a French...
Another 61 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Veronneau Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Veronneau migration to Canada +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Veronneau Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Dénis Veronneau married in Ameau, Quebec in 1668
- Denis Veronneau, son of Louis and Périnne, who married Marguerite Bertault, daughter of Jacques and Gilette, in Quebec on 6th January 1668 
Veronneau Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Louis Veronneau, son of Denis and Marguerite, who married Marguerite Maugras, daughter of Jacques and Marie-Jeanne, in Cap-de-la-Madeleine, Quebec on 17th August 1705 
- Jean Veronneau, son of Mathieu and Marguerite, who married Angélique Simon, daughter of Hubert and Marie, in Quebec on 9th December 1708 
- Marguerite Veronneau married in Quebec in 1708
- Joseph Veronneau married in Boucherville, Quebec in 1710
- Joseph Veronneau, son of Denis and Marguerite, who married Françoise Rougeau, daughter of Jean and Marie-Madeleine, in Boucherville, Quebec on 20th January 1710 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Veronneau (post 1700) +
- Lynn Veronneau, American doo-wop singer, known for her work with Les Horribles Cernettes (1990-2012)
- Guy Veronneau, French Canadian executive in Lévis, Quebec
Related Stories +
- ^ Smith, George (ed), Dictionary of National Biography. London: Smith, Elder & Co., 1885-1900. Print
- ^ Internoscia, Arthur E., and Claire Chevrier. Dictionnaire National des Canadiens Français 1608-1760. Vol. 2, Institut Drouin, 1958.