Verlet History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Verlet family
The surname Verlet was first found in the Isle of France.
Some of the family ventured to England shortly after the Conquest. There we find "in 1199, Warin de Virune of Northamptonshire occurring in the Rotuli Curiae Regis. Ralph Werune, in 1279, witnesses an acceptance of one virgate of land from the Knights Templars by Roger de Oseney. Richard de Werun held of the Honour of Ferrers 24 Ed. I.-Nichols' Leicestershire." 
Early History of the Verlet family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Verlet research. Another 60 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1575, 1595, 1722, and 1756 are included under the topic Early Verlet History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Verlet Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Veron, Veronneau, Veroneau, Vair, Ver, Vairel, Vairet, Vérel, Véret, Verlet, Véret, Vairon, Véron and many more.
Early Notables of the Verlet family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family was John Véron (d. 1563), French Protestant controversialist, born at or near Sens. "He studied at Orleans in 1534, and about 1536 settled in England, for his letters of denisation, 2 July 1544, state that he had been eight years in that country, that he had been a student at Cambridge." 
François Véron (c.1575-1649), was a French...
Another 61 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Verlet Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Verlet migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Verlet Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Janneken Verlet, who landed in New York, NY in 1651 
- Maria Verlet, who arrived in New York, NY in 1658 
- Cleveland, Dutchess of The Battle Abbey Roll with some Account of the Norman Lineages. London: John Murray, Abermarle Street, 1889. Print. Volume 3 of 3
- Smith, George (ed), Dictionary of National Biography. London: Smith, Elder & Co., 1885-1900. Print
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)