Verhoeven History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Verhoeven family
The surname Verhoeven was first found in Belgium, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Brabant, an ancient duchy from 1190 onward. Within the province Brussels and Louvain are the major cities and the smaller Clabecq, Tubize and Wavre towns. Other towns include Vilvorde, Tirlemont and Hal. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Early History of the Verhoeven family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Verhoeven research.Another 241 words (17 lines of text) covering the years 1702 and 1840 are included under the topic Early Verhoeven History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Verhoeven Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Verhoeven, Verhoef, Verhoeff, Verhooft, Vaneuven, Vonhoeffen, van Hoven and many more.
Early Notables of the Verhoeven family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Verhoeven Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Verhoeven family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Verhoeven Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Verhoeven, who arrived in New Orleans in 1865
- John W. Verhoeven, who arrived in New Orleans in 1865
- Marie Verhoeven, who settled in New Orleans in 1865
Verhoeven Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Madeleine Verhoeven, aged 14, who landed in America, in 1906
- Anthony Verhoeven, aged 28, who landed in America from N Bradant, Holland, in 1908
- Gerrit Verhoeven, aged 0, who landed in America from Leimuider, Holland, in 1908
- Cornelis Verhoeven, aged 30, who emigrated to the United States from The Hague Holland, in 1909
- Hubertus Verhoeven, aged 23, who emigrated to the United States from Ravenskin, Holland, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Verhoeven (post 1700)
- Paul Verhoeven (1938-1987), Dutch film director, best known for directing the American feature films RoboCop (1987), Total Recall (1990), Basic Instinct (1992) and others
- John Verhoeven (b. 1953), American Major League Baseball player
- Father Theodor Verhoeven (1907-1990), Dutch Catholic priest, missionary and amateur archaeologist
- Paul Verhoeven (1901-1975), German actor & film director who has directed and acted in over 50 films, father of Michael Verhoeven
- Nico Verhoeven (1961-1984), Dutch cyclist at the 1984 Summer Olympics
- Michael Verhoeven (b. 1938), German film director, recipient of the 1990 Silver Bear for Best Director at the 40th Berlin International Film Festival
- Jeroen Verhoeven (b. 1980), Dutch footballer
Verhoeven Family Crest Products