Verhoef History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Verhoef family
The surname Verhoef was first found in Belgium, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Brabant, an ancient duchy from 1190 onward. Within the province Brussels and Louvain are the major cities and the smaller Clabecq, Tubize and Wavre towns. Other towns include Vilvorde, Tirlemont and Hal. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Early History of the Verhoef family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Verhoef research. Another 92 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1702 and 1840 are included under the topic Early Verhoef History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Verhoef Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Verhoeven, Verhoef, Verhoeff, Verhooft, Vaneuven, Vonhoeffen, van Hoven and many more.
Early Notables of the Verhoef family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Verhoef Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In Netherlands, the name Verhoef is the 156th most popular surname with an estimated 7,252 people with that name. 
Verhoef migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Verhoef Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Frederick Verhoef, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1817
- Heinrich Verhoef, who settled in Venezuela in 1843
- J. VanderErve VerHoef, who settled in Baltimore in 1847
- Jannigje Verhoef, who settled in Baltimore in 1847
- L. Verhoef, who settled in Baltimore in 1847
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Verhoef (post 1700) +
- Anthonie Wilhelmus "Toon" Verhoef (b. 1946), Dutch painter, ceramist and art lecturer
- Schalk Verhoef (1935-1997), Dutch bronze medalist cyclist at the 1957 UCI Road World Championships
- Pieter Adriaan Verhoef (1914-2013), South African theologian, former dean of Stellenbosch University’s Faculty of Theology
- Chris Verhoef (b. 1962), Dutch computer scientist and Professor of Computer Science at the Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam
Related Stories +
- ^ https://forebears.io/netherlands/surnames