Verde History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Verde family
The surname Verde was first found in the valleys of Maira, which lie south of Turin. The Berardi family can be traced back to this area, where they resided in the 12th century.
Early History of the Verde family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Verde research. More information is included under the topic Early Verde History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Verde Spelling Variations
Italian surnames come in far more variations than the names of most other nationalities. Regional traditions and dialects are a decisive factor in this characteristic. For example, northern names tend to end in "o", while southern in "i". Also important, but not unique to Italy, was the fact that before dictionaries and the printing press most scribes simply spelled words according to their sounds. The predictable result was an enormous number of spelling variations. The recorded spellings of Verde include Berardi, Berardo, Berardis, Beraldi, Beraldo, Beraudo, Verardi, Verardo, Veraldi, Veraldo, Veralli, Verallo, Velardi, Velardo, Vilardi, Vilardo, Berardelli, Berardini, Berardino, Berardinelli, Berardinetti, Berardocchi, Berarducci, Beraldini, Beraldin, Belardelli, Belardetti, Belardini, Belardinelli, Belardoni, Bellardino and many more.
Early Notables of the Verde family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Giovanni Berardi, an ecclesiastic in Tagliacozzo in the 13th century; Aldevrandino Beraldi was councillor of Treviso in the 14th century; Tommaso Beraldi was a judge and ambassador in Venice in 1320; Bartolomeo Beraldo was mayor of Castelfranco in 1387; Baldassarre Berardi was a castle owner in Dronero and was mayor of Alba in 1442; Costanzo Beraldi was senator of Rome in 1445 and mayor of Dronero and of the valleys around Maira; Alessandro Beraldi was a military captain in 1495 in Venice and died valiantly in the battle...
Another 94 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Verde Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Verde migration to the United States +
Some of the first North American settlers with Verde name or one of its variants:
Verde Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Johannis Verde, who landed in New York in 1660 
Verde Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Agustin Verde, who landed in America in 1815 
- Martin Verde, aged 22, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1827 
- F Verde, aged 27, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1829 
- Cristobal Verde, who arrived in Veragua in 1835 
- Francisco Verde, aged 53, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1841 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)