Early Origins of the Venturella family
The surname Venturella was first found in southern Italy. Though some variants of the name Venturella are found in northern Italy, as well. The surname Venturella is of nickname
origin, derived from a personal or physical characteristic of the first person in this family. In this case, the name Venturella comes from the Italian "bonaventura," meaning "good luck" or "good fortune."
Early History of the Venturella family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Venturella research.Another 31 words (2 lines of text) covering the years 1587, 1650 and 1710 are included under the topic Early Venturella History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Venturella Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Venturi, Venturella, Venturelli, Venturin, Venturino, Venturini, Ventura, Venturoli, Tura, Turella, Turel and many more.
Early Notables of the Venturella family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Roberto Ventura, Baron
of Casanova, was appointed Chancellor to Charles I of Spain
who was also Holy Roman Emperor. Also, the Ventura family, from Bari and Lecce, and originally from the city of Salerno, were one of the most important feudal
families of the... Another 110 words (8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Venturella Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Venturella family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Venturella Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Domenica Venturella, aged 40, who arrived in America from Palermo, Castellmorro, in 1909
- G. Batista Venturella, aged 48, who arrived in America from Palermo, Palermo, in 1909
- Filippo Venturella, aged 11, who arrived in America from Campofelice, Palermo, in 1910
- Anna Maria Venturella, aged 3, who arrived in America from Castelbuono, Sicily, in 1910
- Francesca Venturella, aged 27, who arrived in America from Giardini, Italy, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Venturella (post 1700)
- Michelle Venturella (b. 1973), American gold medalist softball player at the 2000 Summer Olympics