Venema History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The Venema surname is derived from the Dutch word "Veen," which means "fen" or "Peatbog," which is the most common geographical feature of the northern provinces of the Netherlands
. Many instances of the surname are thought to be habitational, deriving from any of various places named with this word. The preposition "van" meaning "of" or "from" ' is commonly found with Dutch names, especially with habitation names. The preposition "de," meaning "the," is also commonly used with these names.
Early Origins of the Venema family
The surname Venema was first found in the Netherlands.
Early History of the Venema family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Venema research.Another 93 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1639 and 1704 are included under the topic Early Venema History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Venema Spelling Variations
of this family name include: vander Veen, van Veen, Van den ven, Van de Ven, van der Veen, van der Feen, Vanderveen, VanderVeen, Veenstra and many more.
Early Notables of the Venema family (pre 1700)
Another 38 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Venema Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Venema family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Venema Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Bartje Venema, aged 26, who arrived in America from Warga, Holland, in 1907
- Germt Venema, aged 22, who arrived in America from Bedum, Holland, in 1907
- Hayo Venema, aged 23, who arrived in America from Midwolde, Groningen, Holland, in 1907
- Anji Venema, aged 2, who arrived in America from Hoogberk Gron., Holland, in 1909
- Etta Venema, aged 30, who arrived in America from Heerlen, Holland, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Venema (post 1700)
- Melissa Venema (b. 1995), Dutch trumpeter who began playing at the age of 8
- Wietse Zweitze Venema (b. 1951), Dutch programmer and physicist best known for writing the Postfix email system
- Anneke Venema (b. 1971), Dutch silver medalist rower at the 2000 Summer Olympics
Venema Family Crest Products