Veltman History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Veltman family
The surname Veltman was first found in Prussia, where the name emerged in medieval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
Early History of the Veltman family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Veltman research. Another 105 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1689, 1871, 1802 and 1882 are included under the topic Early Veltman History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Veltman Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Feldman, Feldmann, Felden, Veldeman, Veldman, Feldmann, Felldmann, Felldman, Fehldmann, Fehldman, Feldtmann, Feltman, Feltmann, Feldtman, Veldmann, Veldman, Velldmann, Velldman, Vehldman, Veltman and many more.
Early Notables of the Veltman family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Veltman Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In Netherlands, the name Veltman is the 426th most popular surname with an estimated 3,898 people with that name. 
Veltman migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Veltman Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Geert Veltman, who arrived in New York, NY in 1866
- Brig je Veltman, aged 33, who landed in New York, NY in 1866 
- Geert Veltman, aged 36, who arrived in New York, NY in 1866 
- Grietje Veltman, aged 11, who landed in New York, NY in 1866 
- Johanne Veltman, aged 7, who arrived in New York, NY in 1866 
Contemporary Notables of the name Veltman (post 1700) +
- Pat Veltman (1906-1980), American Major League Baseball player who played from 1926 to 1934
- Martinus Justinus Godefriedus "Tini" Veltman (1931-2021), Dutch theoretical physicist who shared the 1999 Nobel Prize in physics with his former PhD student Gerardus 't Hooft
- Thierry Veltman (b. 1939), Dutch painter, sculptor, ceramist and art educator
- Alexander Fomich Veltman (1800-1870), one of the most successful Russian prose writers of the 1830s and 1840s
- Joël Veltman (b. 1992), Dutch footballer
Related Stories +
- ^ https://forebears.io/netherlands/surnames
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)