Vasser History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Vasser family
The surname Vasser was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Amsterdam, an ancient 13th century town held by the Lords of Amstel. Giesebrecht II built a castle there. Geisbrecht III built the dam to keep out the sea. It is first mentioned in charters of 1275 when Floris IV, the count of Holland granted its charter. It became a city of great mercantile wealth, and held great treasures of art. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Early History of the Vasser family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Vasser research. Another 106 words (8 lines of text) covering the year 1547 is included under the topic Early Vasser History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Vasser Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Visser, Vissers, Vissere, Vesser, Vessler, Vasser, Vasseur, Fiser and many more.
Early Notables of the Vasser family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Vasser Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Vasser is the 10,827th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Vasser migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vasser Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- James Vasser, who landed in New York in 1797 
Vasser Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- J G Vasser, aged 32, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1849 
Vasser Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Sarah Vasser, aged 25, who immigrated to America from London, in 1904
- Jacob Vasser, aged 0, who immigrated to the United States from London, in 1904
- Peter Vasser, aged 36, who landed in America, in 1923
Contemporary Notables of the name Vasser (post 1700) +
- Jimmy Vasser (b. 1965), retired American racing driver
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)