Vanzyl History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Vanzyl family
The surname Vanzyl was first found in Baden, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Early History of the Vanzyl family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Vanzyl research. Another 88 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1630, 1589, 1661, 1607 and 1665 are included under the topic Early Vanzyl History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Vanzyl Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Zyll, Zyl, Zeil, Ziel, Zyller, Zyllmann, Zillmann, Zylhoffer and many more.
Early Notables of the Vanzyl family (pre 1700)
Another 42 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Vanzyl Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In South Africa, the name Vanzyl is the 64th most popular surname with an estimated 68,529 people with that name. 
Vanzyl migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vanzyl Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Josef Vanzyl, aged 43, who immigrated to the United States from Faszo, in 1903
- Rosie Vanzyl, aged 2, who landed in America, in 1910
- Corrie Vanzyl, aged 3, who settled in America, in 1910
Contemporary Notables of the name Vanzyl (post 1700) +
- Gideon Brand van Zyl (1873-1956), British Governor General of South Africa (1946-1951)
- Dr. Bert Van Zyl Ph.D., Research Professor, Physics & Astronomy Department University of Denver
Related Stories +
- ^ https://forebears.io/south-africa/surnames