Vanwormer History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Origins Available: Belgium
Early Origins of the Vanwormer family
The surname Vanwormer was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Utrecht, a city and capital of the province of Utrecht. The ramparts of this ancient city were destroyed in 1830. The Domkerk(1254) is on the site of the original church of St.Willibrord in 720. In the crypt are the hearts of Conrad II(1039) and Henry V(1125) two German Emperors. The Museum is notable for its relics and artifacts. Its tumultuous history was strongly influenced by religious conflict. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Vanwormer family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Vanwormer research.Another 274 words (20 lines of text) covering the year 1846 is included under the topic Early Vanwormer History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Vanwormer Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Wolters, Wolter, Woltters, Woolters, Wollters, Wolterz, Woltter, Wollterz, Walters, Walter, van Wolters, Woltars and many more.
Early Notables of the Vanwormer family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Vanwormer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Vanwormer family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vanwormer Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Alice L Van Wormer, aged 13, who landed in America from Mansfield, England, in 1907
- Robert Clif Van Wormer, aged 14, who emigrated to America from Mansfield, England, in 1907
- William H. Van Wormer, aged 29, who landed in America, in 1909
- E. M. Van Wormer, aged 27, who emigrated to the United States, in 1909
- Stanly Van Wormer, who landed in America, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Vanwormer (post 1700)
- Asa Van Wormer, American philanthropist, eponym of Van Wormer Library, University of Cincinnati
- Steve Van Wormer (b. 1969), American actor and comedian
- Jacob VanWormer, American politician, Mayor of Monroe, Michigan, 1878 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 10) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
Vanwormer Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 10) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html