on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Dutch Vandusen family come from? What is the Dutch Vandusen family crest and coat of arms? When did the Vandusen family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Vandusen family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Van Dusen, van Dusen, Van Deusen, Van Dussen, Van der Dussen and many more.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vandusen Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- M VanDusen, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850
- P Vandusen, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851
- G J VanDusen, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1855
- Chris Van Dusen, American television screenwriter, known for his work on Grey's Anatomy (2005), Private Practice (2007) and Scandal (2012)
- Clyde Van Dusen (1885-1951), American jockey and trainer of Thoroughbred racehorses best known for his win in the 1929 Kentucky Derby on his eponymous horse
- Francis Lund Van Dusen (1912-1993), United States federal judge
- Frederick William Van Dusen (b. 1937), American former Major League Baseball player who played for the Philadelphia Phillies in the 1955 season
- George Washington Van Dusen (b. 1826), American businessman and grain dealer whose eponymous company in 1888, controlled more than 90 elevators stretching from Winona to Pierre, South Dakota, and the Star Elevator Company
- Granville Van Dusen (b. 1944), American stage, screen, and voice actor actor, best known for his voice role as Race Bannon in the 1986 television series The New Adventures of Jonny Quest, Jonny's Golden Quest, Jonny Quest vs. The Cyber Insects, and The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
- H.V. Van Dusen (d. 1903), American postmaster of Los Angeles, California, in later member of the City Council from 1889 to 1891
- Kate Van Dusen (b. 1952), Canadian poet
- Julie Van Dusen, Canadian journalist who works for CBC News and is seen mainly during The National
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
The Vandusen Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Vandusen Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 19 April 2015 at 16:52.
on orders of $85 or more