on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Dutch Vandusen family come from? What is the Dutch Vandusen family crest and coat of arms? When did the Vandusen family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Vandusen family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Van Dusen, van Dusen, Van Deusen, Van Dussen, Van der Dussen and many more.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vandusen Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- M VanDusen, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850
- P Vandusen, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851
- G J VanDusen, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1855
- H.V. Van Dusen (d. 1903), American postmaster of Los Angeles, California, in later member of the City Council from 1889 to 1891
- Granville Van Dusen (b. 1944), American stage, screen, and voice actor actor, best known for his voice role as Race Bannon in the 1986 television series The New Adventures of Jonny Quest, Jonny's Golden Quest, Jonny Quest vs. The Cyber Insects, and The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
- George Washington Van Dusen (b. 1826), American businessman and grain dealer whose eponymous company in 1888, controlled more than 90 elevators stretching from Winona to Pierre, South Dakota, and the Star Elevator Company
- Frederick William Van Dusen (b. 1937), American former Major League Baseball player who played for the Philadelphia Phillies in the 1955 season
- Francis Lund Van Dusen (1912-1993), United States federal judge
- Clyde Van Dusen (1885-1951), American jockey and trainer of Thoroughbred racehorses best known for his win in the 1929 Kentucky Derby on his eponymous horse
- Chris Van Dusen, American television screenwriter, known for his work on Grey's Anatomy (2005), Private Practice (2007) and Scandal (2012)
- Julie Van Dusen, Canadian journalist who works for CBC News and is seen mainly during The National
- Kate Van Dusen (b. 1952), Canadian poet
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- De Amicis, Edmondo and Helen Zimmern. Holland. Philadelphia: Porter & Coates, 1894. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
The Vandusen Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Vandusen Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 19 April 2015 at 16:52.
on orders of $85 or more