on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
of this family name include: Van Dusen, van Dusen, Van Deusen, Van Dussen, Van der Dussen and many more.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vandusen Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- M VanDusen, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850
- P Vandusen, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851
- G J VanDusen, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1855
- H.V. Van Dusen (d. 1903), American postmaster of Los Angeles, California, in later member of the City Council from 1889 to 1891
- Granville Van Dusen (b. 1944), American stage, screen, and voice actor actor, best known for his voice role as Race Bannon in the 1986 television series The New Adventures of Jonny Quest, Jonny's Golden Quest, Jonny Quest vs. The Cyber Insects, and The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
- George Washington Van Dusen (b. 1826), American businessman and grain dealer whose eponymous company in 1888, controlled more than 90 elevators stretching from Winona to Pierre, South Dakota, and the Star Elevator Company
- Frederick William Van Dusen (b. 1937), American former Major League Baseball player who played for the Philadelphia Phillies in the 1955 season
- Francis Lund Van Dusen (1912-1993), United States federal judge
- Clyde Van Dusen (1885-1951), American jockey and trainer of Thoroughbred racehorses best known for his win in the 1929 Kentucky Derby on his eponymous horse
- Chris Van Dusen, American television screenwriter, known for his work on Grey's Anatomy (2005), Private Practice (2007) and Scandal (2012)
- Julie Van Dusen, Canadian journalist who works for CBC News and is seen mainly during The National
- Kate Van Dusen (b. 1952), Canadian poet
- Bayerisch Stammenbuch von den alten abgestorbenen Fuerten. Print.
- Swierenga, Robert P. Compiler Dutch Emigrant to the United State, South Africa, South America and Southeast Asia 1835-1880 An Alphabetical Listing by Househould Heads and Independent Persons. Wilmington, DE: Scholary Resources, 1983. Print.
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Jameson, John Franklin. Narratives of New Netherland 1609-1664. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1909. Print.
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
The Vandusen Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Vandusen Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 19 April 2015 at 16:52.
on orders of $85 or more